[rekonq] Re : [RFC] New rekonq tools menu

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 09:40:20 CEST 2009

On Friday 17 July 2009 08:13:18 Lionel Chauvin wrote:
> I don't find (in the rekonq source code) the action to show/hide bookmarks
> toolbar.
>

> The button-menu is not currently long but I think we must separate actions
> for browse the web and actions for develop the web. A basic user doesn't
> need to see the source of a page. This is what google chrome does:
> http://mybloggspot.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/google-chrome-menu-incognito
>.jpg.
>
> copy/paste are also missing. Not really missing because we can do right
> click. In the futur we should implement a small popup hover a selection
> with  a copy button and another popup hover a focused field with a paste
> button (IE does something like that).
>
> About Enlarge/Shrink/Normal Fonts : who change it for one page ? We can add
> it in the menu while this menu is short, but imo it is useless. The global
> fonts configuration in the configuration panel is sufficient.
>
> "Configure toolbars" and "configure shortcuts" should be added in the
> configuration panel.
>
> The help menu is missing. In the first time we can add it as a submenu, but
> it needs to be simplified.

My initial idea was to let available useful actions that haven't a "common"
shortcut and that are "rekonq" good features.
So, in example, no to cut-copy-paste and find actions (CTRL + X,C,V and F) but
yes to private browsing, web inspector (rekonq good features) and fullscreen
actions (useful action).

Now I'm a bit disappointed (is this the right term??) All your objections are
good ideas.
My remaining concept is to let available a "not so long" actions list :)
Let's provide there just the most useful and common actions. If user needs
something more, it can:
- remember shortcut (and use that)
- activate menubar (CTRL+M) and search there

Sounds good?

--
Andrea Diamantini,
IRC: adjam_AT_freenode