[rekonq] Compiling rekonq results in location bar-less browser

Emmanuel Surleau emmanuel.surleau at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 23:38:46 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 15 July 2009 22:22:24 Andrea Diamantini wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 July 2009 20:37:09 Emmanuel Surleau wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I have compiled rekonq from git (using kde 4.2.96 from SVN, Qt 4.5.2-1
> > from Debian Sid). Unfortunately, my rekonq refuses to display a location
> > bar or a search bar (although there is a menu bar and a toolbar). When
> > trying "customize toolbar", nothing can be added or removed from the
> > toolbar. What can I try to make rekonq usable?
>
> uhm.. this is really strange.
> Have you got some earlier rekonq version installed?
> Anyway, you should remove your $KDEHOME/share/apps/rekonq/rekonqui.rc to
> have back default UI settings.

Done this, didn't change anything. What I should have mentioned is that I was
running rekonq from the build directory directly (out of source build). A
'make install' later, things look much better indeed (though the favicon on
the tab is garbled and nspluginviewer crashes).

For laughs, I have attached a screenshot of my 'lite' version of rekonq.

Cheers,

Emm