[rekonq] Fwd: Want rekonq to become the default browser?

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 01:53:02 CET 2009

On Monday 14 December 2009 13:38:21 Eelko Berkenpies wrote:

> > I'd be more than happy to help on making it a default within Fedora
> > (if possible at all) but I'm not sure if rekonq is mature enough (no
> > offense, I personally think that you guys are doing a great job) at
> > this point.

I don't feel offended,  it's just truth. I'm just thinking that stopping
development cycle at least in the end of January, we have a fantastic chance
to let it mature a lot.

> > Regarding the name, IMHO, there shouldn't be changed anything about
> > it. I like rekonq (and the way it's spelled too). At this point
> > switching would not be worth the work it requires.

It's fun hearing we are two, liking rekonq :)
Anyway, about the name question I think the following: when KDE will move to
git, I'll move rekonq to KDE and ask for inclusion in extragear.
At that point we'll decide all together about the software name. And
obviously, the same will apply for gitorious repo, techbase and sourceforge
page.
Mailing list and project (the "rekonq project") will remain the same until
I'll be around.