[rekonq] Fwd: Want rekonq to become the default browser?

Eelko Berkenpies kaboon at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 16:10:40 CET 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Markus <kamikazow at web.de> wrote:
>> > I'd be more than happy to help on making it a default within Fedora
>> > (if possible at all) but I'm not sure if rekonq is mature enough (no
>> > offense, I personally think that you guys are doing a great job) at
>> > this point.
>
> Fedora is beta by design. Fedora even ships beta drivers (eg. Nouveau).

I'd rather call it bleeding edge ;), but yes, sometimes beta stuff
does get shipped when considered mature enough. And on a side note,
Ben Skeggs which works for RedHat is one of the leading developers of
Nouveau. I'll give you one guess why it's in Fedora (besides the fact
they we not allowed to ship proprietary drivers). :)

On an other side note, I just realize that you might be on to
something else than I thought. Someone could write a Fedora feature
proposal for "a" new default browser being rekonq. It would need to
look like the one for Nouveau (
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/NouveauAsDefault ). In that
case, the deadline you first stated in your e-mail does apply. But
it'd need to be a rock solid statement and there needs to be an actual
plan. Something which I couldn't manage to do alone.

> Changing names isn't as complicated as you make it sound.

Don't get me wrong, and I don't want to sound like an ass, but really,
how could it be more simple? Keep in mind that I'm an end-user
following a project closely. The list seem like essential things to do
when changing a name. :)

--
With kind regards / Met vriendelijke groet,

Eelko Berkenpies
http://blog.berkenpies.nl/