[rekonq] Want rekonq to become the default browser?

Markus kamikazow at web.de
Sat Dec 12 17:41:49 CET 2009

Am Samstag 12 Dezember 2009 12:13:17 schrieb Panagiotis Papadopoulos:

> But things that have to get sort out too:
>
> * Naming of rekonq (decide whether to keep "rekonq" as name, and if yes:
>  decide whether with a capital R or a lowercase one)

IMO rekonq is one of the worst names possible.
Rekonq as in Reconquista <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconquista> roughly
equals to "Christians waging war against Muslims until they are either dead or
have fled across the see" -- not really the friendly spirit of KDE and FOSS in
general.

As the icons is so amazing, maybe a dragon could serve as namesake.
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Dragons

I'd use Qiulong (maybe written KDE-style as Kiulong) -- a Chinese dragon, yet
IMHO easily pronounceable.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qiulong