[rekonq] Want rekonq to become the default browser?

Panagiotis Papadopoulos pano_90 at gmx.net
Sat Dec 12 12:13:17 CET 2009

On Saturday 12 December 2009 11:58:40 Markus wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> I'm not sure if you know it already or not, but there is a serious chance that
> Rekonq might become the default web browser in the next openSUSE release.
> I'm now following the others closely, but I guess it's similar for Fedora-KDE
> and Kubuntu.
>
> There are features that are crucial for becoming the default browser and there
> are those that are not.
> The crucial features (from a KDE POV, of course) are listed under
> http://en.opensuse.org/KDE/Ideas/11.3#Web_Browser
>
> I've looked through http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/rekonq/Roadmap and saw
> that the crucial features are already done or at least advanced work in
> progress.

I like this idea :-)

But things that have to get sort out too:

* Naming of rekonq (decide whether to keep "rekonq" as name, and if yes: decide whether with a capital R or a lowercase one)
* Naming of the "New Tab Page" (imho this has a low priority but it still :-P)

> May I suggest that you put out a 0.4 beta release very soon and delay non-
> crucial features like toolbar redesign and detachable tabs to 0.5?
> Along with the beta period, I suggest requesting the move from Playground to
> Extragear. In the beta period strings should be frozen. That way translators
> like myself can work on completing Rekonq's translation.

The German translation of rekonq is already mine! (just kidding ;-)) :-D If you have any suggestions, feel free to tell me :-)

Greetings