[rekonq] Cookie bugs

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 10:32:40 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 04 August 2009 20:07:00 Lionel Chauvin wrote:
> Many websites doesn't work with Rekonq because there are many cookie bugs.
>
> The cookie jar of Rekonq extends QNetworkCookieJar. This class seems to be
> incomplete. Arora contains a class (NetworkCookieJar) that extends
> QNetworkCookieJar to workaround problems.
>
> What is planned for Rekonq ?
> Must we wait that QNetworkCookieJar is fixed ?
> Can we take the NetworkCookieJar of Arora ? For me it is a good option, so
> we could focus on other things like "Awesome bar" and "One process per
> tab".

we need a temporary fix just for 0.2 release, as for 0.3 is planned real moving
to KDE classes (KIO::Accessmanager and KCookiejar)
These last classes seems working well but are still incomplete.

I didn't take a look at Arora's NetworkCookieJar class, but I'm aware of the
problem.
If you just investigated the thing and think it's a good choice, please
perform a merge request about.

--
Andrea Diamantini,
IRC: adjam_AT_freenode