[rekonq] rekonq 0.1alpha

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 02:20:21 CEST 2009

Here we are, as decided some days ago, I merged on mainline/master a lot of
your commits.
I really like to thank you all for your incredible work on. Anyway, without
further ado, let's start seeing news:

1.
As we are saying that these are technological previews I fixed compilation on
Qt 4.5 removing all 4.4 workaround. That's because 4.5 is an huge step forward
against 4.4, especially on the classes we are using at most (tabwidget,
tabbar, webkit and so on..). I'm sure quite all are using 4.5, so it's a small
issue..

2.
There are also kde 4.2 derived bugs. (e.g. tab text) I leaved unaltered code
that works with KDE trunk, but not (well) with 4.2

3.
new download system and modifications in the Application class to better
support it. QPointer(s) are really a great idea :)
I also modified a bit download class and removed QTimer notification. It's my
fault. If someone is interested in, he can re-enable that.

4.
Side Panel. As requested rekonq 0.1 will have it. We sure have to work about
the bookmarks panel (before releasing 0.1) and put it on.

5.
Bookmark classes improvements. All apart from one method I didn't understand
and I never seen used.

6.
Contextual menu. Here I did the major changes (in the code). I removed the
unuseful (for me) QMap actions and provided a KActionCollection for all
webActions.

7.
moveable tabs, that is gratis, via Qt 4.5 functions.

I hope I'm remembering ALL changes I did. Please from now on, sync one your
branch (master?) with mainline/master, test, code, suggest, do small themable
commits and fill merge requests ;).
I'd like to release 0.1alpha on next tuesday (28 apr) and from there on going
in bugfixing and translation mode until 0.1 release (when? I don't know).

From now on, if you don't have different ideas, we need to work on two
essential aspects:
- the bookmarks sidepanel
- the focus problem

About focus, I really cannot decide what is better to do, so I'm waiting for
your suggestions (and your code ;) ).

COPYRIGHT QUESTION
I added a string on every rekonq file: the following

* Copyright (C) 2009 rekonq team. Please, see AUTHORS file for details *

This means we need to do also two things:

1. update Authors file (important)
	here I wrote 3 columns: name, mail, role
	You just need to add yours and perform a merge request.

2. update main file (VERY important)
	here you need to add... I'm pushing one example commented in main.cpp file.

We can obviously remove the previous line and push all our names also on every
file. I did this way just for convenience. Decide all together one way and just
do it!!

Hope we can joyfully collaborate from now on. I'm really glad about.

Cheers,

--
Andrea Diamantini
MAIL: adjam7_AT_gmail_DOT_com

tadarattadara tattà tatatatatà tadarattadara tattà tattattattattà..
(me, taking a shower...)