[rekonq] Comments on IRC Chat 2009-04-18

Paweł Prażak kojot350 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 19:04:42 CEST 2009

> If this is your opinion, why didn't you start a new project on your own,
> instead of starting contributing here after 0.0.4 release?
> It's really strange some people behaviour, joining a new project with lot
> of
> ideas and wishing starting making decisions, opening "official" ml and
> issue
> tracker WITHOUT previous members and project lead approval.
> For me, Google issue tracker has to be closed. Now I'm really convinced
> about.
> Please close it now or remove rekonq name from it.
>
> > Third solution would be to release 0.0.5 as a developer preview/pre-alpha
> > quality and than make a good roadmap and start working on 0.1.
> >
> > I'm not convinced to this but I wanted to share it with you ;)

Why is this strange that different people have different opinions? I was
trying to share some thoughts with you guys, thats all. Those are
propositions to consider, to talk about. But as I understand you are not
willing to discuss, and it makes me sad. I wanted to brainstorm to come up
with the best solution.
You see, part of the problem is that you'd like to "approve" everything
instead of discussing it with project members. If you don't want to work
with people with different opinions thats fine, but this is not how
community works.

Yes I joined with lots of ideas, and every one of us joined with lots of
ideas, isn't it how things should be? Maybe I was rude or harsh at some
point, please tell me, if that is the case I apologize, because was (and
isn't) not my intention.

Maybe I'll start another project, it's always fun, but I don't want "my own
project", I want to share the code and the credit with people, thats how
open source works IMO. And that works great because nobody is perfect (and
especially not me I know that) that is why I always welcome constructive
critique.

I'll change name on the bug tracker as you requested as soon as I figure out
how to do it.

I wish you the best.

Regards
Paweł