No subject

Fri Apr 17 10:51:14 CEST 2009

em,<br>
to kget or to every other download manager supporting KDE technologies.<br>
It&#39;s fast, simple and safe. So (again), what&#39;s better?</blockquote>=
tion (&quot;Convention over configuration&quot; principle) and established =
convention is to &quot;handle download&quot; (that&#39;s what user cares of=
 - &quot;I want to download it and I don&#39;t care how it is implemented&q=
uot;)</div>

 and then opens stuff for them (if they wanted).</div><div>And this is grea=
t because I can install application (openSUSE 1-click feature) just by clic=
king on the link (this is something that firefox can&#39;t do because it do=
esn&#39;t integrate with the environment) and this is something that downlo=
ad manager provides.</div>

=C2=A0</div><div>To stay lightweight we can make simple icon/button in (for=
 e.g lower-right corner) witch would appear only when there are downloads (=
completed or active) along with number of downloads (active/completed).</di=
v>

firefox plugin), but I&#39;m not entirely convinced with this idea since we=
 want to integrate with KDE notifications system.</div><div>Alternatively w=
e can try to call KDE notification by DBus to show itself.</div>

d to write a lots of unit tests, to test automatically at least 50% of the =
code. And to add regression tests (especially for issues, to have a rule: &=
quot;new bug fix committed =3D new regression test committed&quot;, this wo=
uld be off course ideal situation but if we&#39;ll follow this mostly it wi=
ll make our lives easier). I&#39;ve started to add tests for things I work =
with, but we would benefit from more unit tests to have sort of &quot;safet=
y net&quot; while doing changes. It&#39;s part of so called &quot;defensive=
 programming&quot;.</div>

--00163641771fa41ab20467d2acc6--