[rekonq] Back from holidays

Paweł Prażak kojot350 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 12:00:34 CEST 2009

We can host files on google code as well if you don't like to have to many
sites.

KDE mailing list is nice "sign of support" and we should stick to it. (but I
liked the Groups web interface ;)

Gitourious is quite basic, it lacks two nice features: to browse code online
with blame and history views (very useful), but I can live without it ;)

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 2:33 AM, Andrea Diamantini <adjam7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've seen this "new" issue tracker, but I really don't understand. Why do
> we
> need this? Have you ever tried sourceforge's one?

Sf is good for file hosting and that's it. It sucks for preaty much anything
else :P
Site is slow and bloated and interface unusable.

And why google's is better?

Google's issue tracker just works. It's fast and simple and easy to use
(especially important for users) and have all features we need.

 Last months I started moving rekonq from my personal site to sf. I couldn't
> still move code to be served just in one support site.
> Now we are having 1st KDE help. And having a kde official mailing list is
> an
> important evidence that my (and now our) work is really appreciate.
> So, I really don't understand because a so small project needs 3 support
> sites. If there are no important and technical motivation (and I think no)
> I'd
> like using just sf and dreaming to be hosted one day on KDE main servers.

Why not? AFIAK we can have 128 sites ;P
The thing is there is no "all-in-one" solution. So let's just use best tool
for the job (as Linus says).
For me the less time I spend fighting with broken site the more I spend
coding, it's that simple.

About the release plan.. I'd like to release a new rekonq version ASAP. And
> think mainline/master code is a huge step forward 0.0.4 release. And it is
> quite stable to use it as a lightweight browser.
> So this has to be 0.1 release. I'm thinking about alpha/beta releases to
> just
> fix bugs and improve translations.

Quite stabe and stable is a big difference ;)

> Rekonq development model is based on (quite) short releases. From 0.1 to
> 0.infinite we'll have time to add ALL features we like ;)

I have nothing against often releases, it's just we don't have manpower to
waste if you know what I meen. IMHO it's better to code than to make
releases every two weeks. ;) So we need to find the right balance.

I'm going to write two new mails about themes I anticipated on the morning.