[rekonq] Back from holidays

Paweł Prażak kojot350 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 15:29:01 CEST 2009

We've doing our best :)

Anyway, have you seen new issue tracker?
http://code.google.com/p/rekonq/issues
I'd proved itself very handy so far.

About the release, IMO rekonq is to immature to enter the alpha stage yet.
There are tons of bugs, and those reported on issues list are just the tip
of the iceberg. The web tabs and urlbar needs a rewrite badly, and  there
are still basic functionalities missing (like session management for e.g.)

I propose to make the 0.0.6 (and skip 0.0.5) development preview release in
this mount maybe, and than move forward to the 0.0.9 and finally 0.1 alpha,
beta, rc, etc... IMO rekonq isn't ready for release, because some bugs are
more design flaws and need some serious rewrite and refactoring, and those
couldn't be easily backported.

About "no merging", I understand that what you mean by that is to "feature
freeze" the mainline code and only to backport bugfixes from development
branch(es), I'm I right?

I look forward to your email.

Best regards,
Paweł Prażak