[Qtscript-bindings] Making releases

Ian Monroe ian.monroe at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 16:19:34 CET 2009

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 7:55 AM, Kent Hansen <khansen at trolltech.com> wrote:
> I've put up a versioned tarball at
> http://code.google.com/p/qtscriptgenerator/downloads/list
> which is essentially just a rename of the current Labs snapshot

Yep that's pretty much what I was looking for.

> (http://labs.trolltech.com/gitweb?p=qtscriptgenerator;a=snapshot;h=HEAD;sf=tgz)
>
> Let me know if that solution is(n't) good enough.

One issue is that on the average Linux computer (which has a Qt built
without Phonon support and then has Phonon installed from kdesupport)
I think it won't build because the Phonon bindings aren't generated,
but qmake still expects them to be there:
make[2]: Entering directory
`/tmp/qtscriptgenerator-src-0.1.0/qtbindings/qtscript_phonon'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target
`../../generated_cpp/com_trolltech_qt_phonon/main.cpp', needed by
`release/main.o'.  Stop.

A similar situation may exist with QtWebKit, though the bindings for
that appeared to have been built at least for me.

I emailed the Amarok packagers with the tarball so hopefully people
will be able to just apt-get or zypper or emerge the generator and not
have to worry about it. The distros may even find a solution a
generally usable solution.

Ian