[Qtscript-bindings] Making releases

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Sat Feb 21 20:42:39 CET 2009

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 12:30 PM, Stephan Beal <sgbeal at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 6:07 PM, Ian Monroe <ian at monroe.nu> wrote:
>> I can think of a few ways to do this:
>> * Kent releases a versioned tarball
>> * I throw it into kdesupport and make tarballs from there
>> * I release a versioned tarball, with the
>> http://repo.or.cz/w/qtscriptgenerator.git as the VCS for it
>
> i've got a release here:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/qboard/downloads/list
>
> but it's a bit outdated now. Instead of just zipping up the generator
> tree, that download contains the pre-generated sources, since building
> those is the real hurdle (IMO).

Thats kind of a violation of the GPL since the generated sources
aren't the "preferred format". There are advantages to packaging the
generated sources though, since new Qt versions generate different
sources.

With cmake its not really a hurdle, since it doesn't take extra steps.
'make' does everything.

Ian