[Qtscript-bindings] long qtscript binding load times: easily broken up?

Kent Hansen khansen at trolltech.com
Fri Sep 12 18:03:44 CEST 2008

Richard Moore wrote:
> On 9/10/08, Ian Monroe <ian at monroe.nu> wrote:
>
>> I was thinking of maybe a combination of breaking up the modules into
>> smaller ones and disabling classes that don't sound useful for Amarok
>> scripts (and then re-enable them on-request).
>>
>> Other solutions? How much should I break up? I could potentially have
>> a "each class has its own module." Would this incur a lot of overhead
>>

> Kent and I discussed this at Akademy, I believe he's already got some
> code for a version of the generator that creates bindings that do on
> demand loading to remove the overhead.
>
> Cheers
>
> Rich.

Yes, I've got a patch brewing. You can track the thing here:
http://code.google.com/p/qtscriptgenerator/issues/detail?id=10
The patch still keeps the classes in libs that match Qt's libraries
(e.g. all of bindings for QtGui in one library), but it cuts down
drastically on initialization time since it only creates "stubs" for all
the binding classes.

Kent