[Qtscript-bindings] long qtscript binding load times: easily broken up?

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Wed Sep 10 18:31:45 CEST 2008

Hey Qt Script bindings. Amarok-devel is being CCed to just let you
know what I'm up to. :)

Currently the QtScript bindings take quite a while to load. Especially
QtGui. Its kind of hard to pin down since caching causes the second
load to be so much faster, but it takes seconds for sure.

I was thinking of maybe a combination of breaking up the modules into
smaller ones and disabling classes that don't sound useful for Amarok
scripts (and then re-enable them on-request).

Other solutions? How much should I break up? I could potentially have
a "each class has its own module." Would this incur a lot of overhead

Ian