[Qtscript-bindings] signals/slots overriding

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Fri Aug 22 21:30:53 CEST 2008

Hey Kent and everyone,

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 4:02 AM, Peter Zhou <peterzhoulei at gmail.com> wrote:
> how can I override a signal or a slot in a script?

I understand you talked to Peter Zhou and figured out that he stumbled
upon a bug that won't be fixed until Qt 4.5. I don't quite get what
that bug is or what he was trying to do though. :)

Really the general question is: if I want to define a class in C++
(and to use the old OOP example that maybe doesn't fit exactly) called
Shape, how do I let the QtScript subclass Shape with Square and
override its area() function? And have the overriden area() function
be called by C++? The AnalogClock example seems to do this fine with
its paintEvent.

So in JavaScript you'd have something like:

function Square( side )
{
     Shape.call( this );
     this.side = side;