Intro - Station X and Plasma Mobile

Eddie Vassallo eddie at stationx.rocks
Wed Oct 4 14:52:49 UTC 2017

Hi Guys,

It's great to meet you all - and really appreciate you getting back to us
so quickly!

We're actually in the stage now where we are considering a number of ODM
hardware manufacturers for the handset - so would really love to sync with
you - first and foremost - on the prefrred hardware requirements for Plasma
Mobile - and any steer on the type of hardware (from screen size to
processor/ram) you would recommend.

Obviously I know the project is still being developed and shaped, but we
would love to get a few prototype devices (best matching your criteria) in
house and perhaps collaborate on firming up an initial working prototype
that can be passed to production stage. We could then evolve from there and
hopefully get to the point where we could offer a 'Developer Edition' for
the community (as a first release) as I know everyone is dying to get their
hands on Plasma Mobile, even to help test and iron things out at this stage.

So you know, the hardware we are mainly looking at is between 5.5 - 6.0
inch screen sizes, 720p and 1080p version with Mediatek processors and from
3-4GB RAM. These hardware options have been designed for Android
(obviously) but are unlocked, rooted, and ready to go in terms of
retrofitting Plasma Mobile. I know I have grossly simplified things there
;-) but both Darren and myself are excited to get some hardware prototypes
in house, and start testing and seeing how we could make this work.

Do let me know your thoughts on minimum system requirements - and any other
info that could help steer us - and we'll keep shooting questions over to
the mailing group. Perhaps we could set up a Slack Channel at some point to
discuss further?

Thanks again - and looking forward to working with you guys!

Best,

-Eddie

--

:::::::::

Eddie Vassallo
Founder

Station X
Bletchley Park Science & Innovation Centre
Bletchley Park, Buckinghamshire
MK3 6EB

T:  +44 (0) 203 036 0863
M: +44 (0) 7740 595 753