Application Launcher redesign in latest kde version

Méven meven29 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 13:15:22 GMT 2021

Hi,

>I find the last layout changes in the application launcher a serious
regression in usability.

It is impossible to please everyone unfortunately.
But for sure we let the users decide in the end what's best for them.

> Could there be an option to have the old layout?

Indeed there is, you can find the legacy kickoff at
https://store.kde.org/p/1468103/

You can also install it from :
 - Right click on your taskbar
 - click on "Add new graphical components" (not sure how it is spelled
exactly in english or your language).
 - then click on "Get new graphical components" at the bottom.
 - And search for legacy kickoff

You can follow the steps in
https://www.debugpoint.com/2021/02/legacy-kickoff-kde-plasma-5-21/ to
install it.