Has there ever been ...

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 13:09:40 GMT 2021

René J. V. Bertin wrote:

> Update: using OpenGL 2 seems to have cured the glitching I have been
> experiencing, apart from the occasional lack of immediate updating of a region
> (like just now when I opened the KWin prefs dialog via the titlebar context
> menu, which remained partly visible).
>
> I guess shouldn't be surprised that an older OpenGL standard is less
> problematic on my hardware, and wonder why I never thought of trying that
> before. Will have to do for now, thanks for the feedback.

I think I spoke a little too soon :-/

After a while (possibly after using the Tigervnc x0vncserver) I get an updating
issue in one of my Konsole windows. It's maximised vertically (doesn't matter if
via the corresponding wm function or actually resized manually), and the bottom
line tends to remain at the last entered command until I move the cursor out and
back in (or some other exposure event occurs; I use focus-follows-mouse). The
scrollbar arrows are also not drawn correctly, the bottom one seems clipped.

This happens only with KWin5.