Has there ever been ...

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 17:26:12 GMT 2021

René J. V. Bertin wrote:

> Marco Martin wrote:
>
>> It doesn't and it never has. (transparecies and shadows without compositing)

> I see that KWin5 also has XRender support; I'll check if that or "lowly"
> OpenGL 2.0 are suitable workarounds for me.

Update: using OpenGL 2 seems to have cured the glitching I have been
experiencing, apart from the occasional lack of immediate updating of a region
(like just now when I opened the KWin prefs dialog via the titlebar context
menu, which remained partly visible).

I guess shouldn't be surprised that an older OpenGL standard is less problematic
on my hardware, and wonder why I never thought of trying that before. Will have
to do for now, thanks for the feedback.

R.