qqc2-breeze-style

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 12:30:52 GMT 2021

On Wed, Mar 10, 2021 at 12:50 PM Bhushan Shah <bshah at mykolab.com> wrote:
> few thousand mobile devices with Plasma Mobile to end-users and
> performance shown by Plasma qqc2 theme was simply not acceptable, we
> even performed several benchmarks on all styles including desktop style
> and Plasma theme and qqc2-breeze-style was clear winner there.

I didn't object that much there as having it just for plamo as a
stop-gap solution looks acceptable.
(though i feel there was no clear test or argument why qqc2-desktop
style couldn't have worked)
But i'm fine with that in the meantime. I would have preferred it in
extragear though.

> So yes, I take full responsibility for approving usage of
> qqc2-breeze-style on Plasma Mobile and I think that was necessary, I'd
> rather have a small bugs then completely 20-30 FPS UI on mobile which Plasma
> theme was offering in some cases.
>
> - Was qqc2-breeze-style rushed for Plasma release schedule/inclusion?
>
> I honestly do not think so, Noah sent message about moving of
> qqc2-breeze-style to kdereview on Jan 7, and Jonathan moved it out of
> kdereview, 3 weeks of time is *enough* to raise any objections, but we
 (yes I know i should have objected back then)
the weeks have passed, but wasn't specified anywhere as far I see
where was intended to go?

--
Marco Martin