Monday meeting notes for 8/2/2021

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 11:37:07 GMT 2021

Kai Uwe
 Notifications:
 * Got two fixes for 5.21 I want in:
     * https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-workspace/-/merge_requests/627
     * https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-workspace/-/merge_requests/628
(needs a separate patch for 5.21)
 * Destination of a job is now a clickable and copyable link (e.g.
Copying to "Downloads")
 * "Copy path" in context menu:
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-pa/-/merge_requests/50
     * Should probably look into extending `KFileItemActions` to make
this stuff more uniform between Dolphin, Folder View, and here
 * https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-workspace/-/merge_requests/575
is "blocked" by dfaure wanting to provide be better KIO API for it :D
 plasma-pa:
 * Rewrote ListItem contextmenu to add card profile selection, please
review: https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-pa/-/merge_requests/50
     * I suggest we merge this now as we're early in the 5.22 cycle
     * During development I found potential for optimizations, please
review: https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-pa/-/merge_requests/50
 PowerDevil:
 * Fixed screen flashing when chanigng to 0 brightness, not sure why
that happens, Qt bug?
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/powerdevil/-/merge_requests/38
 oh and I also toyed around with using libcanberra in plasma
notifications to support sound schemes and playing notification sounds
 https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-workspace/-/tree/work/kbroulik/noti-xdg-sounds
wip branch
 the harder part will be figuring out the configuration options we
want and the frameworks-side of things

Alex
* Finished some work on KRunner/KNewStuff that waited for the 5.79 tagging.
* Next I am trying to figure out a good solution for the
sorting/launch counts and the duplicate results from the recent
docs/baloo runner. Ideas welcome, see also
https://phabricator.kde.org/T13989
    Task 13989 "Rethink LaunchCount usage and scoring system"
[Open,Needs Triage] {KF6} https://phabricator.kde.org/T13989
* And the clang-format stuff for frameworks is also in progress, that
also waited for the tagging.
* I hope that we can use the RunnerMatch::id() for that, set a smarter
value for that which can be comparable to other runners and then we
check if we already have a value with that ID when we add the match
[kai: mh the id() is pretty useless iwth dbus runners and what not]
* Yeah and it prepends the runner name, so we can not do an easy
string compare t the moment

David R
* Wrote update program to migrate people from breeze to breeze light
as requested by vdg
* https://invent.kde.org/plasma/breeze/-/merge_requests/79
* please review
* https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-workspace/-/merge_requests/609
* and
* https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kglobalaccel/-/merge_requests/11
* I had to update the kglobalaccel update thing for that because
changing the desktop filename changes the component name (urgh)

Arjen
* most important thing is that I finally managed to solve the
inheritance problems I had with Kirigami's PlatformTheme
* which means https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kirigami/-/merge_requests/212
can now be reviewed
* would be nice if we can get that in early for 5.80
* I also have https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/qqc2-desktop-style/-/merge_requests/51
as a follow up for desktop style
* other than that I'm doing some fixes on the system monitor plasmoids
that don't work entirely right on panels

Nico
* not that much Plasma things, but:
* I worked on some performance improvements for NeoChat
* Some Frameworks Qt6 prep
* I was able to build run a Qt6 kcalc
* While doing that I made some kcalc cleanup
    https://invent.kde.org/utilities/kcalc/-/merge_requests

Bhushan
- Debugging bug with the virtual keyboard where it puts input method
in wrong preedit state sometime
- Debugging and Fixing the bug related to modem initialisation for PlaMo
- Some fixes in keysmith

Marco
# Plamo week
* top sliding panel refactor, allow 2 steps sliding showing only few
icons at the beginning like android
* fixes for wallpaper dialog in plamo: full desktop wallpaper
configuration just works, including ghns button. Slideshow wallpaper
config will need some adjustments to be usable
* make colors, plasma theme and icons kcms visible in plasma mobile
plasma-settings
* those kcms have 1 column thumbnails now on the phone to look better
* start the slide down animation only after the splashscreen animation is done
* working on an homescreen refactor to give it a behavior a bit more
similar to android pixel launchers
# This week
* more on plamo homescreen refactor
* put a couple of days apart for the systemsettings landing page work