qqc2-breeze-style

Nate Graham nate at kde.org
Mon Apr 12 23:35:27 BST 2021

On 4/12/21 3:26 PM, Carl Schwan wrote:
> And I still have the same worries as before. Building a universal theming
> system will takes **years** to make in a way that won't feel like a big
> regression for our users.

[...]

> Anyway, if someone wants to invest a lot of time in creating the unified
> theme, I won't stop them and I would happy to be proved wrong about my worries.
> But until then I will use the breeze qqc2 style on the desktop too
> because it's smoother and less buggy than the desktop style. I would even
> argue that we should ship it with our QML applications in Android.

Your concerns are understandable. There is no perfect solution here. All
the options for unified theming have challenges associated with them,
but the status quo is painful too. In such situation, I think it's
better to put our effort into inventing a better future than on
maintaining a frustrating, unpleasant present. At least when we're
inventing the future, it's exciting and fun and easy to get people
interested in helping out.

Nate