Monday meeting notes for 12/04/2021

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 11:53:23 BST 2021

David R
- PresentWindows and HighlightWindowsEffect are now exposed on DBus,
which means the Taskmanager can now also invoke them on Wayland
    https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-desktop/-/merge_requests/400
    https://invent.kde.org/plasma/kwin/-/merge_requests/812
- Use new async KCModuleData for shorcuts kcm
    https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-desktop/-/merge_requests/406
- Added an option to systemmonitor to allow selecting which page to
open on start (needs review)
    https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-systemmonitor/-/merge_requests/111

Arjen
- most important thing is that I started working on splitting
ksystemstats out of the ksysguard repo
- there's two MRs for libksysguard, one to move the ksystemstats
library to libksysguard, the other to include the process plugins in
libksysguard
    https://invent.kde.org/plasma/libksysguard/-/merge_requests/142
    https://invent.kde.org/plasma/libksysguard/-/merge_requests/143
- I also have a work in progress repo with ksystemstats:
https://invent.kde.org/ahiemstra/ksystemstats
- for all three, history should be mostly intact
- luckily there isn't much work in ksystemstats
[DavidRedondo: will port my review to new repo]
- I mostly need to do some cosmetic cleanup stuff like making it reuse
compliant and then it'll be ready

David E
- I want to spend some time to discuss the major 5.18 screw up that
happened last week
- as people weren't around last monday
- so for those not in the loop; 5.18.7 got released, kscreenlocker got
broken after something incompatible was backported
- if you tried to lock the screen, you'd get the black screen + white text
- The timeline was: A bug came in on Thursday, Nate triaged it as VHI
- no-one (including myself) looked at it
- then it got resolved fixed and released on the Saturday
- So, we need to have a discussion on improving our manual testing
after backporting - the cherry-picking in the web UI makes it almost
too easy
- backport of kscreenlocker broke it
- takeaway of discussion was for now just cecking for kscreenlocker
exit code, openqa on lts may be excessive for now

Marco
* Away monday due to national holiday
# Plasma
* user feedback controls in the landing page
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-desktop/-/merge_requests/413
* Still pending for review: saving applet layout per-resolution:
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-workspace/-/merge_requests/717
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-desktop/-/merge_requests/385
# Plasma Mobile
* more work on the horizontal pagination