Plasma and a bachelor thesis

Ilya Bizyaev bizyaev at zoho.com
Fri Oct 23 00:09:06 BST 2020

Hello Christoph, David!

Thank you for your input!

I have read through the shared materials, browsed Bugzilla reports, dug up and read the https://blogs.kde.org/2018/08/02/engineering-plasma-extensions-and-stability-—-present-and-future by Eike, and watched David's https://conf.kde.org/en/Akademy2018/public/events/66.

I like the project idea that David suggested, and I would like to work on it.

---- Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 17:31:32 +0400 David Edmundson <mailto:david at davidedmundson.co.uk> wrote ----

> 2 years ago I started an ambitious project

I'll only have half a year or so, but David also does a ton of other work all around Plasma, so I hope to be able to complete the project in time 😅

> CompSci professors always look more for research  than actual coding

That's fair. Even though the format would declare it an engineering thesis and shift the focus more to the code, I would still need to show research skills, explain the novelty of this work (maybe by using a more general topic name) and write plenty of text. Do you think the topic allows for that?

If so, I will ask the university representative for approval of this project as an engineering development thesis topic. For that, I will need a formal "consultant" with a master's degree in Computer Science who can reason about the topic's relevance, track my progress, and sign the papers. Would anyone be up for the role?

Best regards,

Ilya