Plasma discover updates page blank (5.20.3, with frameworks 5.74 and Qt 5.15.1`)

Rik Mills rik.mills88 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 14:21:23 GMT 2020

Thanks for that.

On 13/11/2020 14:11, Nate Graham wrote:
> As far as I can tell, what happened here is that Kirigami.Icon changed
> in 5.75: https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kirigami/-/merge_requests/111
>
> implicitWidth/height used to be read-only properties, but that MR
> changed them to read-write. Technically this is an API break, but now
> that it's been released, if we revert it we'll break all the places
> where we ported uses of Kirigami.Icon to set implicitWidth/height. :(
>
> Now that it's done, I'm not sure what we can do about it. :(
>
> The fact that I haven't seen any bug reports about this tells me that
> distros shipping 5.20 are generally exceeding the minimum Frameworks
> version already, which is masking the issue.

Yes, I only have 5.74 now because 5.75 was blocked by 1st the K/Ubuntu
release freezes for 20.10, and then Qt 5.15 landing once 21.04
development opened. Resulting in skipping 5.75 and going straight to
5.76 when it comes out tomorrow.

Fortunately, this is only in the Kubuntu dev release, so not as bad as
could have been.