Plasma discover updates page blank (5.20.3, with frameworks 5.74 and Qt 5.15.1`)

Nate Graham nate at kde.org
Fri Nov 13 14:11:40 GMT 2020

As far as I can tell, what happened here is that Kirigami.Icon changed
in 5.75: https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kirigami/-/merge_requests/111

implicitWidth/height used to be read-only properties, but that MR
changed them to read-write. Technically this is an API break, but now
that it's been released, if we revert it we'll break all the places
where we ported uses of Kirigami.Icon to set implicitWidth/height. :(

Now that it's done, I'm not sure what we can do about it. :(

The fact that I haven't seen any bug reports about this tells me that
distros shipping 5.20 are generally exceeding the minimum Frameworks
version already, which is masking the issue.

Nate