D12405: [WIP] Per-screen scale factors on X11 using QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS

Carlos Pita noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Nov 10 14:51:56 GMT 2020

memeplex added a comment.

  I'm not testing the proposed patch per se, but if it's only about  setting QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS it doesn't work for me as I would have expected.

  I have two screens, my laptop requires 2x scale, the external monitor requires about 1.7x.

  So I set QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS='eDP-1=2;DP-2=1.7;'. But consider:

  1. QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=1 QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS='eDP-1=2;DP-2=1.7;' konsole

  2. QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=0 QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS='eDP-1=2;DP-2=1.7;' konsole

  The first one correctly reduces the size of konsole (menubar, text inside the terminal emulator). The second one does nothing at all.

  So since plasma seems to be deliveratelt setting QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=0, I don't see how this would possibly work.

REPOSITORY
  R104 KScreen