D29024: feat(wayland): support multiple protocol extensions through plugin system

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 11 19:17:03 BST 2020

davidedmundson added a comment.

  > These are not specific issues but some general complains about the overall concept chosen here without providing an alternative solution.

  Well yes, it makes sense to do high level discussion first.

  With the Plasma agreed "new approach" that we will be porting to we will be using QtWaylandClientExtension and removing the need for the connection thread - having that in the interface will hold up progress we want to do upstream.

  > here without providing an alternative solution.

  static bool isValid() in the plugin. That is made synchronous by use of roundtrip. The existing plugin gets a very tiny refactor.

  (also you could just qputenv("KSCREEN_BACKEND") from your fork before launching the shell which is even less invasive)

REPOSITORY
  R110 KScreen Library