D29024: feat(wayland): support multiple protocol extensions through plugin system

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 11 18:31:13 BST 2020

ngraham added a comment.

  In D29024#668383 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D29024#668383>, @romangg wrote:

  > Note that I need to have this plugin system or something similar in for 5.19 or I will be forced to fork libkscreen permanently for KWinFT. I would like to avoid this and instead continue my work on libkscreen as a KDE project like I have worked on it in the last two years.

  Nobody's forcing you to do anything.

  Note that Plasma 5.19 branches in three days and merging huge things like this right before branching has bitten us before and I'd like to avoid it if possible for 5.19. So if we do go with this patch in something like its current form (I have no technical opinions on it whatsoever), I would like it merged in after branching for 5.19, not right before.

REPOSITORY
  R110 KScreen Library