Looking for GSoC 2020 mentor

Nghĩa Nguyễn Hồ Hữu nhhnghia at apcs.vn
Sun Mar 22 06:13:44 GMT 2020

Dear Plasma developers,

I am a student who wants to participate in the Google Summer of Code 2020 program. Currrently, I have an idea of my own, so I want to discuss with a mentor to validate that my idea is worthy for the program. After discussing with valerie on the #kde-soc channel on freenode, I was instructed to use this mailing list as a way to contact possible mentors.
My idea is that I want to integrate a set-and-forget module for automatic look-and-feel themes changing corresponding to the time in the day. For example, if it is after 6pm, the module will change the theme to a user-chosen dark theme. The closest resemblance application I know that have the same functionalities is AutomaThemely (https://github.com/C2N14/AutomaThemely). However, AutomaThemely still has some problems (eg., only automatically switching at login).
If you think this is a good idea and are willing to mentor me in GSoC 2020, please reply to this email ASAP. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours sincerly,
Huu-Nghia H. Nguyen
Ho Chi Minh University of Science
Undergraduate
E // nhhnghia at apcs.vn (mailto:nhhnghia at apcs.vn)
P // 0908 112 552 (tel:0908%20112%20552)