D27669: [kstyle] Tools area

Hugo Pereira Da Costa noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 31 09:05:29 BST 2020

hpereiradacosta added a comment.

  Hi
  I don't think it is very satisfactory to say that the perforrmance hit it is "the apps fault" ... It is not there without the change, and with other widgets styles (or is it ? Did any one check, e.g. oxygen which is quite resource heavy because of gradients and so ?)
  You can't expect applcations dev to go optimize their app for the need of a given style. especially if it is not trivial.
  I don't see another choice, if such popular apps as kate and kdevelop are affected, than to go do the optimization 'ourself', if indeed this is the issue.
  At the minimum someone should try to profile this, using e.g. callgrind, to see where the curlprit is ...

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze