D28218: FileChooser: add option to open file with or without write access

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Mar 23 15:25:35 GMT 2020

ngraham added a comment.

  Hmm, this seems like the kind of nerdy exposing-implementation-details thing that would be problematic from a UX standpoint. I can see the use cases for wanting to open a read-only file read-write so you can actually save to it, but I think a better UX for this might be to ask the user right at the point of use, rather than putting a custom checkbox in the dialog.

  And what's the use case for wanting to open a read-write file read-only?

REPOSITORY
  R838 Flatpak Support: KDE Portal for XDG Desktop