D28057: Fix/Allow folderview popup mode icon and list icon size

Alexandre Pereira noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Mar 22 16:34:42 GMT 2020

pereira.alex updated this revision to Diff 78238.
pereira.alex added a comment.

  Fixing bug on changing icon size between list/grid view

  So with this commit, I fixed the bug that was happening explained in previous commit.
  Actually, this was what was happening that cause the opening of the bug report.

  Now, one can change between list and grid view mode, change size on list mode, change size on grid mode
  and everything will work as should be ( no need to restart plasmashell ).

  So it seems the code is using iconSize property for icons, with the exception of FolderView.qml
  that uses the makeIconSize function. Instead of creating functions/if's to test which mode is being used,
  I created two config variables: listViewIconSize and gridViewIconSize. The config qml (ConfigIcons.qml) will use those
  two variables and update the iconSize config variable, which will then be used by the plasmoid as the icon size.

  So to summarize, instead of "detecting" if list view or grid view mode,
  config will update iconSize with the proper size from listViewIconSize or gridViewIconSize.

  If this logic of code is fine, in the next work I will merge the patch I did previously to only use
  one slider, and then remove the makeIconSize function.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

CHANGES SINCE LAST UPDATE
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D28057?vs=77808&id=78238

BRANCH
  fix-folderview-popup-icon-list-size (branched from master)

AFFECTED FILES
  containments/desktop/package/contents/config/main.xml
  containments/desktop/package/contents/ui/ConfigIcons.qml
  containments/desktop/package/contents/ui/FolderView.qml