D28057: Fix/Allow folderview popup mode icon and list icon size

Alexandre Pereira noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Mar 18 11:28:26 GMT 2020

pereira.alex added a comment.

  F8182687: folderview_work.patch <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8182687>

  I did the changes above like you said in the patch above.
  I didn't applied it yet, because on testing that same patch, I discovered a bug. I reverted the changes ( after saving the work in the above patch ) and tested the current implementation and it also has the bug.

  The bug is hard to catch, but its like this:
  If one selects listview and changes size, all is well. One can choose iconview mode and apply, and then go back to listview mode and apply and all is well. Also can change listview mode icon size and all is still well.
  But if one selects iconview mode, changes icon size of iconview mode, and apply, then listviewmode will have the icon view mode icon size **until** the plasmashell is restarted. after the plasmashell restart all is well again.

  I still didn't understood why this is happening, i have been debugging the settings file plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc and the settings seem to be properly written.

  I really want to understand and fix what is happening before final work.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop