D27935: Make kwallet-pam work with pam_fscrypt

Harald Sitter noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Mar 18 14:41:50 GMT 2020

sitter added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> aacid wrote in pam_kwallet.c:329
> > How about leaving it in for 5.18 and drop it for master?
> >  Should there be an unexpected problem we'll at least have months of theoretical testing and a shorter window from 5.19.0 to .1 to hotfix a > potential regression.
>
> Doesn't sound very convincing to me, if there's going to be a regression i'd prefer it to be this month when i still remember this code and i still use kwallet-pam and pam_fscrypt, if you delay it to 5.19.0 or something I will not totally remember this code and may not be using this any of those two either os my motivation to fix it may be pretty small.
>
> I can try adding the code that makes pam_sm_open_session from here if you think it makes sense to have it

That is a fair point but I for one cannot +1 this diff as-is. So, I would prefer the pam_sm_open_session call making a return.

Or someone else gives a +1, I don't profoundly object to the diff, but it is in my mind not suitable for a stable release right now:
Currently in 5.18 one can call session before auth and it works. With this diff that'd be no longer the case and a behavioral change in a stable release update. I have no idea if that has real life implications but I can totally imagine one of our enterprise users pulling weird stuff like that.

REPOSITORY
  R107 KWallet PAM Integration