D27669: [kstyle] Tools area

Hugo Pereira Da Costa noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Mar 14 19:17:06 GMT 2020

hpereiradacosta added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> hpereiradacosta wrote in breezestyle.cpp:4382
> I'll dig in KIconLoader code a bit over the week-end to see what really happens when calling setCustomPalette and resetPalette, to get a sense of how resource consuming this is ...

So,
Digging into the code it seems that this might not be as big of a problem as anticipated.
My fear was that changing the qpalette in kiconloader (setCustomPalette or resetPalette) would invalidate the internal cache each time. (which would be disastrous, effectively removing all the caching ability). I need to double check, but it seems it is not the case: the actual palette is used in the cache key. So you end up with a twice larger cache (which is ok) but no cache reset. The only thing settingCustomPalette and resetPalette do is change the palette key for next cache access.
So, if confirmed the only remaining thing would be to try avoid too many palette creation, by using the palette intrinsic sharing.

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze