D27935: Make kwallet-pam work with pam_fscrypt

Albert Astals Cid noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 13 23:03:29 GMT 2020

aacid added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

Passing nullptr is fine, see comment on https://github.com/linux-pam/linux-pam/blob/master/libpam/pam_data.c#L110

> sitter wrote in pam_kwallet.c:329
> I wonder about this comment. Can the call sequence here be random? Can open be called before authenticate?

That is a good question, the old code was kind of prepared for it.

I am going to say "no" open can not be called before authenticate, if you read https://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/008329799/pam_open_session.htm it says

"The pam_open_session() function opens a new session for a user previously authenticated with a call to pam_authenticate()."

But my pam knowledge is between none and i googled a little, so I would be happy if someone can google a bit more and agree/disagree with me

REPOSITORY
  R107 KWallet PAM Integration