D27979: [WIP] Add top area to notifications

Niccolò Venerandi noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Mar 11 16:36:41 GMT 2020

niccolove added a comment.

  In D27979#625809 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27979#625809>, @broulik wrote:

  > Please also test with icons and configure button, I use https://tests.peter.sh/notification-generator/ which can generate a multitude of test notifications

  Yepp, I did test it with various notifications.

  In D27979#625865 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27979#625865>, @ngraham wrote:

  > Please test to make sure that your patches work :)

  I do! But since I was unable to add that class to my local framework, I tested it by putting the PlasmoidHeading in the same folder and using "PlasmoidHeading" instead of "PlasmaExtras.PlasmoidHeading". Then I replaced it to make the diff, but got the name wrong.

  Anyway - the main thing missing in this task is how to avoid broke history - do you have any tip on how I could address it?
  F8170937: Screenshot_20200311_173516.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8170937>

INLINE COMMENTS

> ngraham wrote in NotificationItem.qml:119
> there are spaces on this line

I set up Kate to show trailing spaces now, so I should stop putting them accidentally.

> broulik wrote in NotificationPopup.qml:168
> You know I'm not a fan of randomly dividing sizes

What should I use? 0 is too small, while the entire margin is too big.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace