Proposal: Dynamic Wallpapers in Plasma

Kai Uwe Broulik kde at privat.broulik.de
Wed Mar 11 08:45:21 GMT 2020

Hi,

> According to Qt documentation, if QImageReader::imageCount() returns a
> positive number, it means that the file contains an animated image.

And that isn't even true. An ICO (windows icon file) has all its
contained pixmap sizes and depths as a flat list. E.g. in the windows
icon thumbnailer I iterate all icons to find the one with highest color
depth and best fitting size.

It appears there's a need for a collection/dict API in QImageReader
either way.

 > As far as I know, GIMP just shows a dialog with all images and you
just pick the one you want to edit.

At least with ICO just dumps all pixmaps into different layers of the
same canvas.

In any case, if ICO abuses QImageReader "sequential API" I don't see why
HEIF couldn't :)

Cheers
Kai Uwe