D24375: [kcms/colors] Generate colored GTK2 assets based off of user's colorscheme

David Redondo noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Mar 2 11:18:53 GMT 2020

davidre added a comment.

  So the way forward I see as follows:
  Eventually we will move stuff out of KRDB to places where it also fits in sementically. Whenever an option is changed in the kcms which call runrdb currently these things can react to that by listening to the DBus signal which is emitted currently either way now (bonus points for using KConfigWatcher).
  For GTK stuff this logically would be  kde-gtk-config. Since the daemon there already listens to  `KGlobalSettings` I propose for this patch the following:

  Add a new case corresponding to the color scheme change to ` GtkConfig::onGlobalSettingsChange` inside kde-gtk-config. The lines added here can be added there as is.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop