D24223: [RFC] Add global themes that mimic other platforms' workflows

Jason Playne noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jun 24 07:29:27 BST 2020

Boxie added a comment.

  If I can make a suggestion here.

  As others have mentioned - Let's not mimic other desktop environments (there are plenty of dragons and devils hiding there). We have plenty of cool features already - we are just choosing to expose one set of those (Breeze)

  The other features (e.g. Global Menu, App Dashboard etc) don't get much of a look in - unless users go exploring and start figuring out that these features exist.

  I propose that we have a small number of layouts that are all specifically KDE project related where we can showcase these other ideas.

  Giving the users a chance to discover how these other features are envisioned to be put together and to give them a try - with an easy way to get back to what they normally use if they want - would aid in this.

  Personally - as a user - I would love to see a simple way like this to try out other layouts/ideas.

  Thanks for your time!

REPOSITORY
  R114 Plasma Addons