Sprint notes for gitlab discussion

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Sun Jun 14 23:06:28 BST 2020

  - Generally working well
 - There seems to be an uptick in new contributors \o/

--------

 - We had a discussion about how to make review queues a big more
manageable.
We intend to use some labels.

Action plan is to copy + paste the labels Krita uses...as if it works for
them, they're probably good enough. Bshah is to do this.

Labels are technically per-project, but as long as they have the same name
it's fine.

--------

 - There was a discussion on the two different styles of use gitlab use.
Some people squash locally and have a nice neat commit history. Others
don't, and then just squash at end.

     - Conclusion was it's unreasonable to get devs to squash and rebase
"nicely" as it's perceived as too hard (even though it really isn't - ed)

     - As reviewers we're just cope with the fact that these two workflows
exist

     - We do need to be careful when people squash as the commit message
used is not the merge messages

      - Maybe we should make squash a default option - in current gitlab
this option doesn't exist

David