How should we handle multi-screen bug reports?

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Mon Jul 13 21:04:51 BST 2020

>2. KWin | multihead

Technically not that at all. Multihead is something we had 10 years ago.

I don't think we can do anything to accept the mess of bugs coming in and
triage appropriately once we can get a good description from the reporter.
I think most plasma devs look at all plasma bugs anyway...

Generally speaking:
 - if monitors are in the wrong place, kscreen
 - if only windows misbehave, kwin
 - entire session crashes on wayland, kwin
 - client crashes on wayland, Qt
 - if only widgets or taskbar are wrong but you can drag dolphin there
absolutely fine, plasmashell

Obviously with some exceptions.

David