How should we handle multi-screen bug reports?

Nate Graham nate at kde.org
Mon Jul 13 20:09:16 BST 2020

I've noticed that we have multiple places where people submit
multi-screen bugs:

1. Plasmashell | Multi-Screen Support
2. KWin | multihead
3. KScreen | [random components]
4. Random other places related to whatever particular product is broken
with their multi-screen setup (e.g.  Plasmashell | Panel for a bug about
panels doing unexpected things)

It's pretty hard for me to know which piece of code a multi-screen bug
belongs to, so I'm not sure where I'd file a multi-screen bug myself.
Evidently our users have the same problem, judging by the number and
quality of the bug reports in these products. This also makes it hard to
triage bugs, with the result that we have over a hundred multi-screen
bug reports most of which are un-triaged and un-prioritized.

What should we do about this?

Nate