Monday meeting notes for 13/7/2020

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 11:51:32 BST 2020

Nico:
* Fixed a typo that broke things:
https://invent.kde.org/graphics/gwenview/-/merge_requests/9
* Fixed code that was not a typo but still broke things:
https://invent.kde.org/network/kdeconnect-kde/-/merge_requests/289
* Found some dead code while chasing a bug:
https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kio/-/merge_requests/73
* Ported some stuff to ScrollablePage where appropriate
* Which is such a common mistake that we should do something about it
* I tried to make the docs a bit clearer:
https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kirigami/-/merge_requests/46

Fabian V
* I don't have anything about code (I think), I just wanted to mention
this thread on reddit: https://old.reddit.com/r/kde/comments/hpu7fe
* Apparently some dual monitor issues which are not caused by kscreen this time?

David E
* I don't think I have anything noteworthy to discuss
* we seem to have an uptick on drive-by kwin contributors which is nice
* hopefully we can sustain that
* maybe it's coronavirus boredom or maybe it's the gitlab migration

Jonathan
* where should I collect 5.20 notes?
* we have https://share.kde.org/apps/files/?dir=/Community%20Notes/Plasma&fileid=1718757
but I guess that's not editable?
* I've a scheduling problem, I'm away on holiday during the 5.20 beta
* does anyone want to be release mangler for 5.20 beta?
* [bhushan says he would] Sept 17
* it's a beta so it needs the release announcement written up, or at
least coordinated with promo

Arjen:
* I did some work on the new ksysguard at the start of the week,
moving stuff around mostly and not storing page changes immediately
* this turned out to worsen some of the performance issues we're
having with actiontoolbar
* so I started writing a custom c++ implementation for actiontoolbar
* which is proving to be quite an improvement
* but it's pretty tricky to get all the behaviour right
* though I think I'm almost there

David R
* Fixed one more component not having a displayName for global shortcuts kcm
* https://invent.kde.org/plasma/khotkeys/-/merge_requests/2
* Make cursor preview work on wayland in cursor kcm
* - https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-desktop/-/merge_requests/58
* Did some work on new ksysguard
* - Save page order globally
* https://invent.kde.org/ahiemstra/ksysguardqml/-/merge_requests/14
* - Hiding and reordering of pages
* https://invent.kde.org/ahiemstra/ksysguardqml/-/merge_requests/12
* - Only allow interacting with the user list on lock and login screen
if there are more than two users
* https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-workspace/-/merge_requests/149
* And finally I saw  a wishlist bug report for about pages for applets
* I think it would be quite nice to have do you agree? Anyways I
started to hack something together
* https://matrix.org/_matrix/media/r0/download/kde.modular.im/4d9ad6608417a788495a91af1555f1a5bc492fb5
Discussion: should it be the kirigami component?
 KAboutData and KPLuginMetadata have different names for properties
 And the applet config using Kirigami Page is meh because it is no
application window and stuff and doesn't have krigiami page stack

Bhushan
* So first thing of discussion:
https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-community/2020q3/006451.html
* TL;DR: it is now possible to have mailing list notifications for the
merge request reviews and tasks
* But question is, do we want to have it on plasma-devel or separate
mailing list where email notifications go
* As per new policy this should be discussed in the mailing list on
question and then approved there.
Now for my notes:
* fixed regression in plasma mobile shell
* - Please review my patches /o\
* https://invent.kde.org/plasma/powerdevil/-/merge_requests/10
* https://invent.kde.org/plasma/powerdevil/-/merge_requests/9
* https://invent.kde.org/plasma/powerdevil/-/merge_requests/13
* https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-workspace/-/merge_requests/147
* not my MR but, Please review :
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-phone-components/-/merge_requests/78

Marco:
* reviews
* continue work on sensor groups: groups for some selected sensors
appear on the main sensortree model
* system monitor: fix BUG423071
* system monitor: fix loading of faces when loading a preset
* fixed cpu-plotter on store
* investigating ona better display for partitions monitor (to look
like the old one)