D26912: Use Qt5 signal syntax, format files, optimizations

Méven Car noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jan 30 12:25:21 GMT 2020

meven added a comment.

  In D26912#603041 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D26912#603041>, @alex wrote:

  > Hello,
  >
  > I already wondered how this will be handled.
  >
  > Should I abandon this revision now and maybe create a new one with the relevant changes once your request has been merged ?

  I think that's the easiest way. Hopefully you use a script for this formatting and won't loose too much time.

  > And is there any way I could have known that this kcm is going to be refactored ?

  Unfortunately there is no easy way but follow a little the activity on phabricator which is how I found your review.

  I wish we had some notification/information when we touch a file or folder that has currently running reviews.
  I don't know any forge platform that does this kind of thing.

  > And a general question: When are accepted patches merged ?

  It is variable.
  The smallest the more inconsequential and more consensual, the more tested and the more easy to test, the more people and experienced people have accepted it, the fastest it should land.
  On the opposite, the more code you touch or on the more sensible things should make you should be patient and give reasonable time for other reviewers to comment/accept/or require change, especially experienced reviewers or maintainers.
  You will then probably need to remind reviewers to have a look. We have sortof a reviewer shortage.
  Doc does not specify this :/ https://community.kde.org/Infrastructure/Phabricator#Step_3:_Land_your_diff

  > For instance your patch https://phabricator.kde.org/D26478 is very simple and has been accepted for a few weeks now, but has not been merged.

  This one I forgot about, I thought I landed it.

  A tip, use https://phabricator.kde.org/differential/query/active/ to have a quick overview on your reviews.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop