D26806: [Applets/Power Manager] Update layout based on T10470

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jan 21 13:29:08 GMT 2020

davidedmundson added a comment.

  With any layout changes be sure you've tested it:

  - in the system tray
  - in the panel
  - in a vertical panel
  - on the desktop

INLINE COMMENTS

> BatteryItem.qml:96
> +        RowLayout {
> +            width: batteryItem.width
> +

We want to almost never specify a width inside a layout

It's the layout's job to change the item's width, which means when it re does the layout this information gets lost.

Instead, we want to set an implicitWidth or Layout.preferredWidth

This applies throughout

> PowerManagementItem.qml:69
> +                            if (suppressHint.visible) {
> +                                mainMessage += i18n("\n") + suppressHint.text

there's no point translating "\n"

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace