D19409: [sddm-theme/lock screen] Adjust login and lock screen blur effect

Walter Johnson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jan 17 13:18:09 GMT 2020

wjohnson added a comment.

  If you wish to play with login and lock screen stuff, go to

  Main Login

  /usr/share/sddm/themes/your-login-theme/main.qml

  Lock Screen Login

  Helps to know that breeze is the default Plasma lock screen theme. If a lock screen is not part of whatever theme you are using, then Plasma will use the breeze one.

  /usr/share/plasma/look-and-feel/org.kde.breeze.desktop/contents/lockscreen/LockScreenUi.qml

  In both of those files you will find something like this (I have added the corrections):

    WallpaperFader {

        // visible: false keeps from fading the wallpaper
        visible: false

        // Commenting out "anchors.fill: parent" will also do it.
        //anchors.fill: parent

        state: lockScreenRoot.uiVisible ? "on" : "off"
        source: wallpaper
        mainStack: mainStack
        footer: footer
        clock: clock
    }

  Either one of those corrections will do the trick. I don't like blurred backgrounds on my login screens. They particularly look bad if they are already dark pictures.

  Anyway, good luck.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace